föstudagur, október 28, 2005
|
Skrifa ummæli
Nokkrir frasar frá G. Best
  • I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered
  • I used to go missing a lot...Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World.
  • I was in for 10 hours and had 40 pints - beating my previous record by 20 minutes. (on a blood transfusion)
  • In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol and it was the worst 20 minutes of my life.
"I had the pleasure - and I mean pleasure - of spending some time in George's company when his career was already in inexorable decline at Hibernian. What on earth, I wondered, persuaded him to walk out on Manchester United and a glittering career in English football to join the Vancouver Whitecaps? "Because," he explained, those roguish eyes twinkling in mischief, "I saw an advert on the side of a London bus inviting me to 'Drink Canada Dry'."
    
Vikan Jói
 
Vikan Árni
 
Vikan Bjarni
 
Vikan Hjölli
 
Vikan Pálmi
 
Eldri blögg
 
 
 
 
 
 
Myndasíður
 
Tenglar
 
Aðrir blöggarar